1. If you have a dual band router, ensure you have separate network names, or SSIDs, for the 2.4 and 5.0 bands (aka 2.4 and 5.0Ghz signal, frequency, network, or radio). In order to reconnect the split networks later we want to rename the 5.0 signal and not the 2.4 signal. This allows reconsolidation without losing the grill from the WiFi network.
Note: Single band routers only operate in 2.4 and do not require this step to connect the grill.
(mouse over for Android)
Note: If you are not sure, call your internet service provider and ask if you have a dual band router carrying both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz. If you do and they aren't separated yet, your ISP can separate them remotely.
2. Have your current/correct Wifi password on hand.
3. Ensure you have the latest version of the REC TEC Grills app downloaded to your phone.
Note: If you are unsure, delete the app from your phone and download it again.
4. Create a personal account for the REC TEC grills app.
Note: This will be a separate, stand-alone account for the REC TEC Grills app; your web account won't have access or any bearing on the app account. Some email servers have a security protocol that is not recognized by the REC TEC Grills app, and in these cases, we recommend creating a new email (Gmail) account. Still having issues? Click here for more troubleshooting ideas.
5. Double check to ensure that all the information is accurate. The app will not tell you that you misspelled your wifi password; only that you failed to connect.
6. For the initial setup process, bring your grill as close to the router or access point as possible, ideally being within 15 feet.
7. For customers retrofitting the WiFi controller to the RT-680, check that the arial whip with the "Wii-Link" antenna is securely fastened to the back of the Arduino chip.
Step 1 Once you have the newest version of the REC TEC Grills app downloaded, navigate to the more menu (pictured above) in the bottom right corner of your menu bar. If this is your first time connecting a grill we are going to create a new account. If you already have an account, go to Step 3 and sign in.
|Step 2 Fill in the Account Creation form to completion. Once you have typed in your correct email address, click the button "get code". This will send a 6-digit verification code to your email account shortly. It will look like this...|
|• Once you get that verification code entered, your form will be complete like this one:|
|Step 3 Now that we have an account setup we can log in. Enter your email/ password associated with your REC TEC app account to login.|
|Step 4 Now it's time to connect the grill! (press the button)|
|• This will prompt you to hold down the button until it quickly blinks like so...|
|Step 5 Now that your grill is primed to connect, you will be prompted to connect it to a WiFi network (the 2.4 signal we connected our phone to prior to Step 1). In this example, I'm connecting to the "RecTec Grills" wifi network which is the name of our 2.4 network in the warehouse and have accurately entered the WiFi password.|
|will eventually look like this screen...⬇︎|
|Step 7 Once we have picked which model grill we are using and name it we can utilize the remote features of the grill!|