Southern Collard Greens
- 5lbs. collard greens
- 1lb. salted pork, diced
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 large onions, julienned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3oz garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pitcher water
- 2 tbsp REC TEC Grills Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- Wash and roughly chop collards.
- Pre-heat REC TEC Matador to medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and onions and cook until onions are translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add collards and cook until wilted (about 10 minutes).
- Add apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, and salted pork, then fill Matador with water until greens are covered.
- Let simmer on high heat for 45 minutes until greens are soft.