Smoked Strawberry Pie
- 3lbs. strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 orange, zested
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar or Lane's BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Rub
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour and cold butter with a fork or dough cutter until the butter and flour's texture resembles wet sand.
- Add the water and salt and mix until a dough ball forms.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, wrapping in plastic and letting rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- In another bowl combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and zest, then mix well.
- Roll out the dough pieces into 1/8 inch thick and line the baking dish or pie pan with one.
- Fill with the strawberry mixture and then top with the other.
- Top the dough with egg wash and sugar or Lane's BBQ Strawberry Shortcake Rub.
- Cook on your REC TEC at 400℉ for 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
You can either top the entire crust or create a lattice top.