Smoked Crawfish Pies
- 24-36oz crawfish tails
- 10-12 mini pie shells
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or shrimp stock
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 pinch of crab boil
- REC TEC Grills Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- Using a knife, make 2-3 small slits in the bottom of the pie shell crusts.
- Place in REC TEC and bake for 350°F until crust is lightly browned.
- Let cool.
- >Melt butter in a large, cast-iron skillet.
- Add green onions, bell peppers, garlic, and Bloody Mary rub to taste, stirring until the veggies are tender and onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add crawfish tails and crab boil and cook at 300°F for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, add milk and whisk in corn starch until smooth.
- Add milk mixture to skillet, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Add parsley.
- Remove skillet from grill and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes to finish thickening.
- Set REC TEC to 400°F.
- Add filling to pie crusts, filling over the base of the rim of the pie shell.
- Bake until crust is golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
If mixture is too thick, add milk; conversely, if the mixture is too thin, add more corn starch.