Smoked Chipotle Tri-Tip
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Add the marinade and let the tri-tip soak for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Bring the REC TEC grill up to 225℉.
- Allow the tri-tip to smoke on the grill until it reaches an internal temperature of 125℉ (about 2 hours).
- Remove tri-tip and let it rest under a foil tent.
- Raise the grill temperature to 500℉ with the searing grates installed.
- When grill reaches 500℉, put the tri-tip back on the REC TEC grill.
- Bring the temperature up to 135℉ for a rare roast.