Smoked Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 gal chicken stock
- 3-4 chicken breasts, smoked and shredded
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the REC TEC Grills Matador to medium heat and bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add the shredded chicken breast to the simmering stock.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and butter.
- Using a fork or pastry cutter, combine until the mixture has a sandy texture.
- Add 2 cups whole milk and mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll out to a 1/4" thick sheet.
- Cut into 1"x2" rectangles and simmer in the stock for 20-25 minutes.
- Taste the broth and adjust salt and pepper to taste.