Smoked Chicken and Candied Pecan Salad
- 5lbs. split chicken breast
- 2 tbsp RECB TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1lb. pecans, shelled
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1.5 cups mayonaise
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- Pre-heat REC TEC Grill to 275℉.
- In a large bowl add the pecans, honey, and Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub, then mix well and cook on a grill mat for 45-60 minutes.
- Pull back the skin on the chicken breasts, season liberally with the Savannah River Rub, then pull the skin back over the seasoning and cook at 275℉ for 45-60 minutes.
- When the nuts are removed from the smoker increase temp. to 325℉ for the remainder of the cook until the chicken breast reaches 165℉ internal.
- When the chicken has cooled, pull the meat in small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, grapes, and pecan pieces, then add enough mayonnaise to make the chicken salad to your desired consistency.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.