Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Marsala Mushrooms
- 5-6lb. beef tenderloin
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2lbs. cremini mushrooms
- 2oz butter
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp REC TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat REC TEC grill to 225℉.
- Trim the excess fat and silver skin from the beef tenderloin.
- Tie the tenderloin if desired, tucking the thinner tail to make the roast uniform.
- Rub tenderloin with mustard and season liberally with the Heffer Dust.
- Add to grill and smoke until reaching an internal temperature of 125℉.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill and increase the grill to full with a sear kit.
- Once the grill has reach temps. over 475℉, sear tenderloin on all sides.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- In a cast-iron or heavy skillet over high heat add the butter and mushrooms, then cook for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown and all the water has been cooked out.
- Add the onions and continue to sauté until tender.
- Add the garlic, thyme, Heffer Dust and Marsala wine then allow the wine to reduce until almost dry.
- Add the beef stock and reduce by half, adding the heavy cream and allowing to simmer until thick and creamy about 15 minutes.