- 1 prime rib
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 2-3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Trim off excess fat leaving just a thin layer on roast.
- Use butcher's string to tie up roast making sure to get it uniform and round to ensure even cooking.
- Rub liberally with sea salt and let rest in fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Combine rub ingedients in a food processor and blend, adding enough olive oil to make a paste.
- Make a bed that the roast will sit on while it cooks in a roasting pan (this bed will create the au jus when the prime rib is done).
- Rub the paste all over the meat and set the roast in the pan.
- Cook on the REC TEC grill at 225℉ until an internal temperature of 130℉.
- Take off smoker and tent the roast with foil, letting rest for 15 minutes.
- Mix ingredients for horseradish sauce.
- Serve with au jus from pan drippings and horseradish sauce.