Penne a la Vodka with Sausage
- 1lb. penne pasta, cooked
- 4 Italian sausage links, smoked
- 3oz pancetta, diced
- 1qt heavy cream
- 16oz marinara
- 8oz vodka
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4oz onion, diced
- 4oz butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp REC TEC Grills Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- 1oz basil, fresh
- 1 tsp thyme, fresh
- 6oz parmesan cheese
- Preheat REC TEC Matador over medium heat, add the pancetta and allow the fat to render and the pancetta to crisp.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and Colden's Freakin Greek Rub and sauté until mushrooms are golden brown (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add the onion, garlic, and butter and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vodka and allow the alcohol to burn off, then add the cream and marinara and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the cooked smoked sausage, pasta, and remaining herbs, then simmer until the pasta is well coated.
- Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese.