Maple Pecan Spatchcock Turkey
- 16lb. whole turkey
- 1lb. butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp REC TEC Grills Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub
- Pre-heat REC TEC Grill to 325℉.
- Spatchcock and trim any excess fat off the turkey and pull the skin away from the meat (this will allow for seasoning below the skin).
- Combine the soft butter with pecans, rosemary, thyme, and maple syrup.
- Stuff the pecan butter under the skin over the breasts, legs, and thighs of the turkey.
- Rub any excess butter over the top of the skin.
- Season the turkey with Colden's Freakin' Greek Rub.
- Cook until an internal temperature of 165℉, for about 8-10 minutes per pound.