Korean Beef Short Rib Tacos with Kimchi Slaw and Cilantro Yum-Yum Sauce
- Corn tortillas
Short Rib Marinade:
- 4-5lbs. short ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 small shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 carrots, finely julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Korean chili flakes or powder
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
Cilantro Yum-Yum Sauce
- 1 and 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsps chopped cilantro
- Mix all ingredients other than ribs in a large bowl. Add ribs, cover, and place in the fridge overnight, occasionally mixing.
- Pre-heat the REC TEC grill to full with your searing grates on; once grill reaches the maximum temperature, wait 5 more minutes before opening.
- Put the ribs on grill. Keep the lid closed.
- Flip at about 4 minutes, then cook another 4-5 minutes (cook time will vary depending upon the thickness of the meat); cook until ribs caramelize.
- Remove the ribs and let rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Clean your grates with your brush and add corn tortillas to the grates.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then remove.
- Cut the short rib meat away from the bone, then slice into thin strips.
- Spread some cilantro Yum-Yum sauce on the hot tortilla, then the short rib meat, followed by some of kimchi slaw.
- Finish with some cilantro leaves on top.
- In a pan bring to a boil vinegar, chili flakes, Sriracha, sugar, and salt.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until they just start to soften.
- Remove from heat and store in the fridge overnight, or make several nights ahead for best flavor.
Cilantro Yum-Yum Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit overnight in the fridge.