Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Tropical Salsa
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Boston/Bibb lettuce
- 2 tsp allspice, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp cloves, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 4oz onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 papaya, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper. seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 4 avocados, chopped
- 3 blood oranges, segmented
- 1 tsp REC TEC Grills Jody's Asian Persuasion Rub
- Puree ingredients for marinade until smooth.
- Trim chicken things of excess fat and allow to sit in the jerk marinade for 2-4 hours.
- Pre-heat REC TEC to 450℉.
- Grill the red bell pepper and jalapeño for the salsa until slightly charred (about 4-6 minutes).
- Chop all the fruit and combine ingredients for the salsa in a medium sized bowl, then allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs to the REC TEC and cook for 35-40 minutes until the chicken reaches 165℉ internal.
- Chop the chicken and serve on a lettuce cup with a spoonful of the salsa.