- 1 ripe pineapple
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 2lbs. pork loin
- Apple juice brine
- REC TEC Grills Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- REC TEC Gourmet BBQ Sauce
Apple Juice Brine:
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Mix brine ingredients well.
- The night before the cook, brine the pork loin for 12-24 hours.
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and trim the sides in circular motion, then hollow out the middle of pineapple, keeping it intact.
- Remove the pork from the brine and lightly pat dry.
- Liberally apply Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub and carefully insert pork into the hollowed out pineapple.
- Lightly season the outside of the pineapple with rub and then wrap in bacon.
- Smoke at 275℉ on the REC TEC until the pork reaches 135℉ (the bacon should be crispy).
- Brush on BBQ sauce and finish cooking until pork reaches 145℉ internal temperature
REC TEC Spicy BBQ Sauce can be used to complement the sweet pineapple and add a kick.