- 16 hot dogs
- 16 wood skewers
- 1 gal peanut oil
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2.5 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Durty Gurl Bloody Mary Rub
- 2.5 cups milk
- Pre-heat REC TEC Matador to medium heat with the oil, then heat to 350℉¢.
- Mix all ingredients to create the cornmeal batter, adding a little more milk if the mixture becomes too thick.
- Skewer a hot dog, dip into the cornmeal batter, and ensure the hot dog is 100% covered.
- Slowly add hot dog skewers to the hot oil, cooking for 4-5 minutes until the cornmeal batter is golden brown.
- Allow the corn dogs to cool slightly before eating.