- 5-7lb. beef brisket flat, brisket point, or round roast
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups onions
- 1 whole cabbage
- 2 cups potatoes
- 16oz beef broth
- 24oz favorite Irish beer
- REC TEC Grills Ben’s Heffer Dust
- REC TEC Grills Colden’s Freakin’ Greek Rub
- Pre-heat REC TEC grill to 250ºF.
- If your meat is already cured, submerge it in cold water for about 6 hours changing the water once; if you cured your meat yourself, rinse in cold water for about 1-2 minutes then remove meat from water and pat dry.
- Season brisket liberally with Ben’s Heffer Dust.
- Place brisket in REC TEC fat-side down and smoke until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove from grill and place in aluminum pan.
- Add beef broth, beer, carrots, and onions and season liberally with Greek rub.
- Cover pan with foil, making sure liquid covers at least 1/3 of the meat.
- Increase the grill temperature to 300℉ and return to grill to cook for 1.5 hours.
- Remove pan and add potatoes and cabbage.
- Cover pan and return to grill and cook until meat reaches an internal temperature between 195-200ºF (your meat probe should slide freely in and out of the brisket and vegetables should be fork tender).
- Remove meat from pan and double wrap in aluminum foil or butcher paper, then let meat rest 30 minutes.
- Remove from wrap and slice thin against the grain.
- Can be enjoyed as is with vegetables or on a sandwich.