Cabernet Lamb Shanks
- 4-6 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp REC TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 2oz olive oil
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 16oz cabernet wine
- 28oz canned tomatoes
- 20oz beef stock
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat REC TEC grill to 450°F.
- Season the lamb with olive oil and Ben's Heffer Dust
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until the lamb is golden brown.
- Preheat a large dutch oven in the grill, and caramelize the carrots, onions, and celery for about 25 minutes.
- Add the lamb to dutch oven, add tomatoes, all herbs, wine, and just enough beef stock to cover the shanks.
- Turn the heat down to 325°F, cover the shanks, and braise for 2-3 hours until the meat is tender.
- Allow the dutch oven to rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.