Blue Crab Cakes
- 1lb. blue crab meat
- 2oz butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/4-1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Heat REC TEC grill to 400°F, with a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the butter, onion, celery, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are translucent (7-8 minutes).
- Add the cooked vegetable mixture to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix gently as to avoid breaking up the lumps of crab.
- Shape into 3oz cakes.
- Using a cast-iron pan or the flat side of a sear kit, cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown.