- 1, 4-5lb. beef tenderloin
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- 16oz mushrooms, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4oz brandy
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 slices prosciutto ham
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat REC TEC grill to full temperature with a sear kit flat side up.
- Trim beef tenderloin of excess fat and silver skin (membrane) to ensure the roast is consistent in size; this will aid in even cooking.
- Season tenderloin with Ben's Heffer Dust and sear on all sides for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Wrap seared tenderloin in plastic wrap tightly (try to keep it in a round log shape) and place the meat in the fridge to cool completely.
- In a dry pan, add the chopped mushrooms, garlic, and brandy, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until mixture is dry, then cool completely.
- On a clean work table covered in plastic wrap, lay out 8 slices of ham, carefully overlapping slightly. Lay additional slices over the top.
- Carefully smear the mushroom mixture evenly over the ham.
- Brush the tenderloin with mustard and place on top of the mushrooms.
- Using the plastic to help, wrap the tenderloin tightly, using the sides to torque tightly; let chill in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Wrap in the puff pastry and brush with beaten eggs.
- Place the roast on a REC TEC grill mat at and score the pastry with a knife.
- Cook at 450°F for 40-45 minutes until the tenderloin reaches an internal temp. of 133°.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice in 1" thick slices.