BBQ Smoked Meatballs
- 4lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 2lbs. Italian pork sausage
- 8oz bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped and sautéed
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 18oz grape jelly
- 18oz chili sauce
- Mix all ingredients for the meatballs together.
- Use ice cream scooper to form meatballs.
- Pre-heat your REC TEC smoker to 250ºF.
- Place meatballs in a large baking pan in a single layer for cooking.
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours or until internal meatball temperature reaches 160ºF.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat BBQ sauce ingredients on stovetop until all ingredients are combined.
- Once meatballs have reached 160ºF removed from REC TEC, pour off any excess liquid, add BBQ sauce mixture, and return to REC TEC for an additional 30 minutes at 350ºF.