1. Rinse chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Peel the skin off the drumsticks; the bacon helps maintain moisture and keeps the chicken from drying out.
3. Combine marinade ingredients, pour over chicken, and marinate in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
4. Remove chicken & discard marinade.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut around the bone, close to the knuckle end of the drumstick. Cut through tendons then press the meat down firmly to form a lollipop, trimming loose tendons with knife or kitchen scissors for better presentation. Pull remaining skin and cartilage off the knobby end of the drumstick and clean it up with a knife or kitchen scissors.
6. Wrap each drumstick with a piece of bacon and stand upright on Frogmat or wire rack for easy transfer to/from REC TEC grill.
7. Smoke at 250°F for 2 hours brushing with glaze every 10 minutes for last 40 minutes.
8. Increase temperature to 300°F for last 10 minutes as necessary to ensure a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
2. Add remaining ingredients to sauce pan and reduce heat to low.
3. Stir occasionally for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened; do not allow sauce to boil.