Bacon Meatloaf with Sriracha Bourbon Ketchup
- 2lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 16oz thick cut bacon
Sriracha Bourbon Ketchup:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp Sriracha or to taste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Start by finely chopping the onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté with a little olive oil until the onions are soft and translucent (10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the beef, eggs, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, milk, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the cooled onion mixture and combine.
- Form into a meatloaf and brush on a layer of the ketchup glaze.
- Lay strips of bacon over the top.
- Smoke on REC TEC at 200ºF for 1 hour.
- Glaze the top of bacon with the rest of the ketchup glaze, turn grill up to 350ºF, and cook for approximately another hour or until internal temp. hits 160ºF.