Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1-1/2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the REC TEC grill to 400ºF.
- Use the softened butter to coat an aluminum foil pan, then rub the halves of garlic on the pan.
- Cut each potato into about 8 rounds, about 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
- Cut the rounds into fourths.
- Mix flour, cream, milk, salt and pepper, garlic, and nutmeg together.
- Place half of the potatoes into the prepared pan, top with half of the milk mixture.
- Cover pan with foil, bake on REC TEC grill for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the foil, bake another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Top with cheddar cheese, bake 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before eating.