RT-2500 BFG Wood Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
THIS AIN’T NO GAME.
The RT-2500 BFG is the king of the mountain in pellet grilling, and you won’t find more bang for your buck anywhere or at any price. By focusing on flavor, convenience, and versatility, the RT-2500 makes all other grills obsolete. Additionally, our commitment to superior build quality, components, warranty, temperature control, and customer service ensures that you get everything you pay for out of your grill. In short, there isn’t a grill anywhere in the vicinity of this price point that offers the quality of a REC TEC. Our factory direct pricing eliminates the middleman, changes the game, and makes you the winner. With all the flavor and none of the hassle, REC TEC offers better flavor than charcoal and are more convenient than gas. You can bake, smoke, sear, grill, and even dehydrate, all with the push of a button. It’s that easy! That’s why those in the know own a REC TEC.
Below are some undisputed facts that prove why REC TEC Wood Pellet Grills are the premier grill in the industry:
1. Build Quality
With 2500 square inches of cooking space, this grill is built like a tank. Simply put, it’s a big freakin’ grill! REC TEC utilizes a combination of high-quality stainless steel designed to last a lifetime. They feature a commonsense design that doesn’t have gimmicky features that create weak points, making our grills something you can pass down to your family as a cherished heirloom filled with years of memories. The ultimate outdoor grill by a mile, we encourage you to buy once and buy right instead of buying inferior products over and over.
REC TEC features stainless steel grates, firepots, heat deflectors, and drip pans. They also include a stainless steel logo and smoke cap, with stainless steel hardware as well. We have never in the history of our company had a firepot fail on us; we’ve even driven over it with a dump truck and a steamroller (we’re not kidding)! Our automated self-cleaning shutdown mode virtually eliminates the need to clean our firepots. Additionally, we added two interior lights for those late-night cooks. REC TEC also utilizes a ceramic ignitor rod that won’t rust or corrode that’s been rated for up to 100,000 lighting cycles.
REC TEC offers the best warranty in the industry, bar none. The RT-2500 BFG comes with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty that is absolutely unmatched by anyone in the industry. If you encounter a problem, we’re going to make it right. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s that simple.
4. Temperature Control
With the most precise controller on the market, our proprietary Smart Grill Technology™ is designed to maintain temperatures to your desired set point. Also, with WiFi capability, you can control your grill from virtually anywhere! This gives you unmatched control, flexibility, and precision. With your REC TEC reliably holding temperature, you can cook anything you want without worrying about the wild temperature swings that competitor pellet grills struggle with.
5. Customer Service
You simply will not find a company that offers better customer service than REC TEC. Would you believe that each customer receives both co-founders’ cell phone numbers with their purchase? Well it’s true, and it’s our duty to make you feel as if you’ve truly become part of the REC TEC family.
We encourage you to read them. They truly speak for themselves.
With world-class grills, world-class customer service, and world-class customers, it’s time to take your grilling game to the next level!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual 46" meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- 53 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 53+ hours of continuous cooking
- Iconic micro-polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked REC TEC quality
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Dual stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Limited edition custom REC TEC logo | Show off your REC TEC pride with this limited edition REC TEC emblem
- Hydraulic lid system | Open and close your lid with ease
- Dual stainless steel spill-proof bucket hooks | Keep grease buckets from getting knocked off
- Dual smoke stacks with stainless steel caps | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Dual reinforced stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated steel lid with welded reinforced frame | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a new appearance
- (4) 6" locking caster wheels | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- Bottom shelf | Provides ample storage
- (4) Snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- (4) Stainless steel tie-down points | Immobilize your grill for transport or secure it in place
- 2,535 sq. in. total cooking area with 3 racks | Cook more food than ever before with removable and adjustable middle and top racks
- Dual 761.5 sq. in. removable middle and top racks | Removes with ease
- Dual interior lights | Easily removable, dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 6 grill grates made from 5/16" 304 stainless steel rods | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Integrated stainless steel meat hanger | Removable rod for smoking meats easily
- Centered 304 stainless steel firepot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- Dual 304 stainless steel drip pans | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip buckets for easy clean up
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping - The BFG is a very heavy grill and will require a minimum of 2 people to move / assemble once delivered
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- REC TEC world-class customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
If you are not fully satisfied with your REC TEC, return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new REC TEC wood pellet grill.
Ratings & Reviews
Cant wait to use this <br>In 2 Words<br>Game On
Based on the 5 I own
Bill Wyko -
Based on the 5 Rec Tec's I own and 8 years of use, I can tell you, this is going to be an amazing grill. I see the controller, quality stainless steel and the amazing competition base is in use which I have on my grill. It's obvious this will be yet another Rec tec with superb quality, dead on temp control and rock solid easy to roll base. You can bet It'll be yet another I will add to my arsenal of Rec Tec's. FYI, my 680 is on it's way to being 8 years old, It still works perfectly like it did on day one. I've already done your research, you can't go wrong here, click buy now, thank me later.
Go BIG or go home
Scott Haddon -
I’m am beyond excited on anticipation of receiving the 2 BFG’s I ordered. That’s right, I ordered 2, I own a restaurant and use 1 680 and 1 700. With the addition of these bad boys I can open up catering in a flash. I was hoping for this to happen as the 2 grills I have are used daily to serve all kinds of delicious smoked meats. Chicken halves, leg quarters, butts for BBQ, ribs, brisket, and even smoked sausage for breakfast. I have not had to replace any parts on my first 680 I purchased over 2 years ago and it has been a champ! I smoke butts over night. Smoke chicken n other meats during the day, 5 days a week. It has not let me down! Unbelievable 6 year warranty bumper to bumper and from what I can see in the BFG’s quality built specs, this will handle all my needs. 2400 square inches of cooking space for this price and the ease of cooking with pellets, showstopper! I can go on & on but you can’t go wrong with Rectec! By the way, when you call them, you talk to a real person not a machine. Check them out ROCK SOLID COMPANY
Matt wambold -
Just bought the bull 700 champion package. Wish I would have known this was coming out, would have purchased this one instead. Looks like it accomidates more food more efficiently.
Michael Ewing -
I bought my 680 5 or 6 years ago. I've only had a couple issues with it and the customer service was second to none. Cost me nothing to resolve. I love the way it cooks and I use it all the time. I have recommended it to friends who have in turn bought one or two. The ones they've bought and their friends have bought I've probably helped sale at least 10 or more. Not one person has regretted buying there grill. I've since purchased a different brand only because I needed a bigger smoker. It's a good smoker but I'm in the process of trying to sell it so I can buy the BFG RT -2500. Thanks Rec-Tech for great products and customer service.
Cannot Wait for BFG
Anthony Pascuma -
I like others have had my RT680 for almost 6 years now! I too was looking at other companies for a larger smoker as on occasion, I am asked to cater and provide food for various work functions. The BFG came out right on time.,! I currently live in Germany and brought my 680 over here, I have had zero problems with my grill in 3 years of consistent use - even during winter snow storms.. I smoke year around and cook consistent quality brisket, ribs, pork belly and butts and have smoke whole hogs up to 110lbs on my 680 - I am more than excited to see what more I can produce in the BFG . The wonderful constomer service by the RECTEC Team was a primary consideration - this isn’t a call center but real people who help you thru any issue with your smoker. No front companies, no BS, just great Americans selling great products! If you are on the fence, give them a shot, in six years of use, I have replaced an igniter and a couple of fuses due to 240 power over here.. otherwise flawless cooking, control and customer service!
Big Freaking Grill
Alex Heath -
I own a RecTec 680 which is arguably the best and certainly the most consistent grill of the 7 smokers I use. I have upgraded it to the wifi system which has been a game changer. It is used commercially and there have always been a few things about that irritated me. BUT every issue I've ever had with it is definitely addressed with the 2500. Finally its a grill that is tall enough. It has an easy clean shelf unlike the "tr" brand and the "ydr" brand. It has the competition cart as standard. It has space for hotel pans side by side. The paint wont fade. It can now cook everything I need without having to use 2 or 3 pits. <br>If it cooks as evenly as the 680 my life will forever be changed for the better. Thank you RecTec, your service and designs are winners.
BFG RT -2500
Greg Gladfelder -
Fantastic smoker excellent manufacturing it assemble with no hassles
Wish I would have known
Michael Spriggs -
Man, I just bought the Bull 700 before Thanksgiving. I'm loving it so far but this big grill I would prefer to own. Anyone looking for a 4 month old Bull???
ron uecke -