RT-2500 BFG Pellet Grill
- Temperature Controls
- Construction Features
- Power Source
- Fuel Source
- Customer Care
The best just got bigger with RT-2500 BFG! While still offering the precision craftsmanship you’ve come to expect from REC TEC, the BFG has 2500 square inches of grill space and all the benefits of WiFi Technology. Its 6-year warranty ensures that REC TEC has you covered every step of the way.
Need to feed the whole herd? This is the grill for you!
- Smart Grill Technology™ Controller | Proprietary PID algorithm maintains temperature precisely
- WiFi Technology | Control and monitor your grill remotely from your wireless device
- Automatic lighting feature | No messy charcoal or unsafe fire starters
- Automatic shutdown feature | Enter cool down mode with the push of a button
- 200ºF to 500ºF in 5º increments | Bake, smoke, sear, grill, broil, roast, and even dehydrate
- Dual 46" meat probes (Probe A, Probe B) | Monitor 2 cooks simultaneously
- LO setting | Xtreme smoke operates under 200ºF achieving maximum smoke output
- FULL setting | Allows you to achieve temperatures above 500ºF
- Stainless steel cooking chamber | No paint to fade, flake, or fail
- 53 lb. hopper capacity | Up to 53+ hours of continuous cooking
- Iconic micro-polished 304 stainless steel bull horn handles | Feel the trademarked REC TEC quality
- Stainless steel controller shelf | Holds a large platter or dish | Protects critical components
- Stainless steel hopper lid | Doubles as a warming surface
- Stainless steel hopper lid piano hinge | Worry free operation for the lifetime of your grill
- Dual stainless steel hopper lid handles | For easy access from either side of your grill
- Limited edition custom REC TEC Grills logo | Show off your REC TEC pride with an official, limited edition REC TEC emblem
- Hydraulic lid system | Open and close your lid with ease
- Dual stainless steel spill-proof bucket hooks | Keep grease buckets from getting knocked off
- Dual smoke stacks with stainless steel caps | Holds up to higher temperatures and will last a lifetime
- Dual reinforced stainless steel pull bar handles | Allows you to easily move your grill
- High temperature powder coated steel lid with welded reinforced frame | Heavy duty | Cleans easily to maintain a new appearance
- (4) 6" locking caster wheels | Easily move and lock your grill in place
- Bottom shelf | Provides ample storage
- (4) Snag-free tool hooks | Keeps cooking tools at an arm's reach
- (4) Stainless steel tie-down points | Immobilize your grill for transport or secure it in place
- 2,535 sq. in. total cooking area with 3 racks | Cook more food than ever before with removable and adjustable middle and top racks
- Dual 761.5 sq. in. removable middle and top racks | Removes with ease
- Dual interior lights | Easily removable, dishwasher safe glass lens | Grill day or night
- 6 grill grates made from 5/16" 304 stainless steel rods | Lasts the lifetime of your grill | Easy to remove and clean
- Integrated stainless steel meat hanger | Removable rod for smoking meats easily
- Centered 304 stainless steel fire pot | Indestructible | Won't fail
- 304 stainless steel heat deflector with integrated smoke tray | Evenly distributes heat throughout cooking chamber
- Dual 304 stainless steel drip pans | Funnels grease out of the cooking chamber into the drip buckets for easy clean up
- HotFlash Ceramic Ignition System | Rated at over 100,000 cycles | Nearly 300 years of grilling
- Heavy duty stainless steel hardware | Won't rust, corrode, or fail
- High temperature RTV caulk | Keeps moisture out of grilling chamber
- Probe port hole | No pinching probe wires in your lid
- Rubber grommets on all wire ports | Prevents wire chafing
- Integrated heat vents | Protects electronics from heat
- Modular construction | Allows for individual component replacement
- Component access panels | Easily access components
- 110 Volt AC GFCI outlet | NEC compliant safety standard
- 100% natural hardwood pellets | Gives great flavor, burns cleanly, and produces little ash
- Ships directly to your home | FREE shipping - The BFG is a very heavy grill and will require a minimum of 2 people to move / assemble once delivered
- 6 Year Warranty | Industry leading
- REC TEC Grills' top notch customer service | Unmatched individualized customer satisfaction
- If you are not fully satisfied with your REC TEC grill, just return it within 30 days and we will refund your purchase price. We are confident that you will love your new REC TEC grill.
Ratings & Reviews
Cant wait to use this <br>In 2 Words<br>Game On
Based on the 5 I own
Bill Wyko -
Based on the 5 Rec Tec's I own and 8 years of use, I can tell you, this is going to be an amazing grill. I see the controller, quality stainless steel and the amazing competition base is in use which I have on my grill. It's obvious this will be yet another Rec tec with superb quality, dead on temp control and rock solid easy to roll base. You can bet It'll be yet another I will add to my arsenal of Rec Tec's. FYI, my 680 is on it's way to being 8 years old, It still works perfectly like it did on day one. I've already done your research, you can't go wrong here, click buy now, thank me later.
Matt wambold -
Just bought the bull 700 champion package. Wish I would have known this was coming out, would have purchased this one instead. Looks like it accomidates more food more efficiently.
Go BIG or go home
Scott Haddon -
I’m am beyond excited on anticipation of receiving the 2 BFG’s I ordered. That’s right, I ordered 2, I own a restaurant and use 1 680 and 1 700. With the addition of these bad boys I can open up catering in a flash. I was hoping for this to happen as the 2 grills I have are used daily to serve all kinds of delicious smoked meats. Chicken halves, leg quarters, butts for BBQ, ribs, brisket, and even smoked sausage for breakfast. I have not had to replace any parts on my first 680 I purchased over 2 years ago and it has been a champ! I smoke butts over night. Smoke chicken n other meats during the day, 5 days a week. It has not let me down! Unbelievable 6 year warranty bumper to bumper and from what I can see in the BFG’s quality built specs, this will handle all my needs. 2400 square inches of cooking space for this price and the ease of cooking with pellets, showstopper! I can go on & on but you can’t go wrong with Rectec! By the way, when you call them, you talk to a real person not a machine. Check them out ROCK SOLID COMPANY
Cannot Wait for BFG
Anthony Pascuma -
I like others have had my RT680 for almost 6 years now! I too was looking at other companies for a larger smoker as on occasion, I am asked to cater and provide food for various work functions. The BFG came out right on time.,! I currently live in Germany and brought my 680 over here, I have had zero problems with my grill in 3 years of consistent use - even during winter snow storms.. I smoke year around and cook consistent quality brisket, ribs, pork belly and butts and have smoke whole hogs up to 110lbs on my 680 - I am more than excited to see what more I can produce in the BFG . The wonderful constomer service by the RECTEC Team was a primary consideration - this isn’t a call center but real people who help you thru any issue with your smoker. No front companies, no BS, just great Americans selling great products! If you are on the fence, give them a shot, in six years of use, I have replaced an igniter and a couple of fuses due to 240 power over here.. otherwise flawless cooking, control and customer service!
Michael Ewing -
I bought my 680 5 or 6 years ago. I've only had a couple issues with it and the customer service was second to none. Cost me nothing to resolve. I love the way it cooks and I use it all the time. I have recommended it to friends who have in turn bought one or two. The ones they've bought and their friends have bought I've probably helped sale at least 10 or more. Not one person has regretted buying there grill. I've since purchased a different brand only because I needed a bigger smoker. It's a good smoker but I'm in the process of trying to sell it so I can buy the BFG RT -2500. Thanks Rec-Tech for great products and customer service.
BFG RT -2500
Greg Gladfelder -
Fantastic smoker excellent manufacturing it assemble with no hassles
Wish I would have known
Michael Spriggs -
Man, I just bought the Bull 700 before Thanksgiving. I'm loving it so far but this big grill I would prefer to own. Anyone looking for a 4 month old Bull???
Big Freaking Grill
Alex Heath -
I own a RecTec 680 which is arguably the best and certainly the most consistent grill of the 7 smokers I use. I have upgraded it to the wifi system which has been a game changer. It is used commercially and there have always been a few things about that irritated me. BUT every issue I've ever had with it is definitely addressed with the 2500. Finally its a grill that is tall enough. It has an easy clean shelf unlike the "tr" brand and the "ydr" brand. It has the competition cart as standard. It has space for hotel pans side by side. The paint wont fade. It can now cook everything I need without having to use 2 or 3 pits. <br>If it cooks as evenly as the 680 my life will forever be changed for the better. Thank you RecTec, your service and designs are winners.
BFG - Amazing!
Gave the neighbor my 680 for helping me set up the BFG (needless to say he's happy as hell lol), LOVE it. Did my first cook with it this past weekend, nice packer brisket (18 pounder) and 4-5 slabs of baby backs. Came out amazing and the smoker is a BEAST! GREAT job team Rec Tec as always, couldn't be happier!!! KUDOS!